What are the pros and cons of resin driveways?
17 Mar 2022
Resin paving solutions are quite the latest in the market, they still have managed to be a popular option among the users. Today, we shall be discussing the pros and cons of resin driveways so that you can figure out if it is the right choice for your needs as well.
It does not matter anymore if you are a landscaper or not, everyone knows that individuals look up to various options when they are considering the renovation of their driveways. There are several options available in the market which includes cobblestones, tarmac, asphalt, and brick pavers as well. However, every option comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
While homeowners choose many options for their driveways, the resin driveway in Upminster is one of the most popular choices among them. However, when you choose the driveway for your property, it is better to analyze the possibilities that come with your choice rather than randomly choosing a popular option. Before beginning with the discussion on the pros and cons of resin driveways, let’s know what exactly resin driveways are?
Resin paving: An introduction
Resin is ideal for delivering smooth surfaces that are tough and easy to maintain. Resin generally acts as a top layer on which materials can be placed and adhered. Resin driveway systems are majorly divided into two types: resin bonded and resin-bound. The distinction is solely based on the application of the aggregate.
The gravel is distributed over the pre-applied layer of resin before it sets in resin-bonded systems. Whereas in the resin-bound system, the resin is mixed with aggregate for the application.
The basic difference between the resin-bonded and resin-bound systems is the results. Resin-bonded paving solution results in a single stone surface that is not permeable. Whereas the result of the resin-bound solution is a permeable surface. Resin-bound solutions form a smoother texture. Whereas resin-bonded solutions are inexpensive options and offer enough endurance.
Let’s now know the pros and cons of resin paving:
Pros of Resin paving
- Resin paving are available in a variety of options when it comes to colors which makes them aesthetically ideal. Homeowners can easily find something that best matches their preferences.
- Resin paving are also an affordable option. They are comparatively inexpensive when we look for other options in driveways. You can choose the right contractor in your location and ensure that you get the fairest deal.
- Resin paving can be installed really quickly. It takes only days for the installation of resin driveways.
Cons of Resin paving
- There are no standard regulations for resin paving installations, which means the quality might vary on the basis of the contractor you choose. Hence, you must ensure the quality of material being used and the contractor assigned for installation of your resin driveway.
- Resin is a material sensitive to UV rays and heavy rains. If your driveway is protected then you might avoid the deterioration of the resin otherwise it gets darker as it remains exposed to sunlight and the rainwater can weaken the bond.
- Moss and weeds are common on resin surfaces which might create a future. If you cannot afford regular maintenance of your resin driveway then you might face problems.
Hopefully, you can now clearly decide whether the resin is suitable for your driveway needs or not. As you choose resin driveways, you must ensure that you choose the best contractor in the town.